Below you can find our proposal, but keep in mind that we can PERSONALIZE the tour according to your needs. You can decide the DURATION, the PLACES in the area, and the ACTIVITIES, to CREATE YOURSELF the perfect holiday.
In Salento the sea is the biggest treasure: not only is it the frame to beautiful landscapes, but it also gives you the chance to do a lot of sport activities. And if you love diving, Salento is the perfect destination for you, thanks to its richness in fish varieties, marine caves and shipwrecks.
This tour is thought to allow you to enjoy Salento from different points of view. Diving and snorkeling will allow you to discover the best treasures hidden in the sea; trekking will take you to walk along side-cliff paths and olive groves; climbing will give you the chance to “see things from above”; and mountain bike will make you enjoy country roads and the surroundings; and last but not least, food! We will make you taste the best seafood and wine by the sea.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL AND BRIEFING
Transfer from the airport (Brindisi) to Lecce. Guided tour of the old town city centre of Lecce, the capital of baroque. Transfer to Gagliano del Capo. Check in at the camping site in Santa Maria di Leuca. Aperitivo while discussing the program of the week with the expert guides. Typical dinner at the camping site.
DAY 2: DIVING OFF SANT’ANDREA COAST AND CLIMBING
After breakfast, departure to Torre Vado and diving off the coast of Sant’Andrea. After lunch, trekking/climbing on Via Ferrata della Mannuta (duration: 2 hours, difficulty: medium). Dinner at a wine house and visit of the ancient village of Alessano.
DAY 3: WRECK DIVING AND TREKKING
After breakfast, departure to Torre Vado and diving to discover the shipwreck of Tevfik Kaptan, a sunk Turkish ship (from 0 to 20 m deep). Trekking on Mannuta route (duration: 3 hours, difficulty: easy). For dinner, barbecue in the countryside.
DAY 4: DIVING AT GROTTA DELLE ROSE AND TREKKING TO BAUXITE CAVES
After breakfast, departure to Otranto, UNESCO Cultural Heritage. Diving at the amazing Grotta delle Rose, and picnic in the pine grove. After lunch, trekking to Orte Bay and Bauxite Cave, where you can go for a refreshing swim in the lake. In the late afternoon, guided tour of Otranto. Typical dinner at the camping site.
DAY 5: RAPPELLING GROTTA DEL POZZO AND SNORKELING
After breakfast, departure to Località Ciolo. Rappelling down Grotta del Pozzo. Aperitivo on the boat, and visit to the marine caves where you can snorkel around. After lunch in a good local restaurant, some rest and in the late afternoon, more climbing before dinner at a Masseria.
DAY 6: MOUNTAIN BIKE AND NIGHT DIVING
After breakfast, departure to Santa Maria di Leuca, the southest point of Salento. Diving at Punta Barracuda, off the coast of Leuca. After lunch, a mountain bike excursion in the surroundings. Night diving and seafood dinner by the sea.
DAY 7: DIVING AND CONCERT BY THE SEA
After breakfast, departure to Leuca and diving at Gabbiano. Lunch and free afternoon. At night, barbecue and concert by the sea.
DAY 8: DEPARTURE
Check out and transfer to the airport.
The tour includes:
- Transfers from/to the airport (Brindisi) and local transfers
- 7 nights at a very cosy and comfortable camping site in Santa Maria di Leuca, with breakfast included. You can choose whether you want to stay in a Mobile Home or in an apartment (2 or 4 beds). Other accommodation types are also available, the price will vary.
- 2 typical dinners at the camping site, 3 typical dinners at “trattoria”, 2 barbecues in the countryside, 1 seafood lunch by the sea, 4 lunches at the camping sites, 1 packed-luch.
- Guided tours
- Equipment for sport activities (complete scuba equipment and tanks refill, transfers on boat, climbing equipment and mountain bike always available for the whole week)
- 5 divings and 1 night diving
- Insurance coverage for outdoor activities
- 24/7 assistance from our team
The tours does not include:
What is not included in the list “the tour includes”.
What you need to have:
A diving licence is required to participate in this tour. If you don’t have a diving licence but wish to get it, you can do it during this tour. The following PSS (Professional Scuba Schools) cerificates can be awarded:
- SCUBA DIVER – OPEN WATER DIVER
- ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER
- SCUBA RESCUE DIVER
The program and the price of the tour will vary with the course attendance.
* If you are interested in this tour but you don’t reach the minimum number of participants required you can contact us to check for an existing group you may join.
Contact us for a quotation or customize your tour!