What our guests say about us:
“Thank you for finding a nice place to stay, situated beautifully and perfect for our need. Chiara and Ian (hosts of the casale) were very charming and helpful, and made our stay comfortable. We all enjoyed our stay. The dinner at the house was very tasty!” (April 2018, M.K. Norway)
Period: Any time
Location: Any place in Tuscany
What is included: personalized food&wine guided tour
One of the best ways to discover Tuscany is with a food and wine tour. Food and wine productions still follow the ancient traditions and there’s not better way to visit Tuscany than with a local guide who takes you to the right place and the right producer to make you taste the best products. Tuscany has a huge variety of local products and traditional recipes, just to mention some: wine, cheese, olive oil, mushrooms, truffle, prosciutto, salame…
What you need to do is just make a selection of the products you want to focus your tour on, and we’ll do the rest.
Starting from wine, Tuscany is world-wide famous for the production of DOC wine. The landscapes says it all: hills over hills of vineyards of different grapes with a variety of wine that changes from town to town. We can take you walking through the vineyards and stop at family-run wineries where you can meet the producers, taste local wine and learn everything about the wine production. You can select the labels of wine, or ask us for some advice. You can taste and visit wineries and cellars of:
- Chianti Classico, Morellino di Scansano, Brunello di Montalcino, Nobile di Montepulciano, Chianti Colli Aretini, Syrah, Ansonica Costa dell’Argentario, Vernaccia…
The variety of local recipes and traditions is enormous, but something common to the whole region is the importance given to the high-quality of food, fresh and seasonal ingredients, and the simple but very savory dishes. Like for the wine, only with a local guide can you reach some typical trattoria where cookery is still an ancient art and you can eat what local people proudly eat. You can choose an ingredient you want to focus your tour on, or you can choose a geographical area of Tuscany to try the local dishes and specialties. Following are some typical products of Tuscany:
- Olive oil: visit an olive oil mill, meet the producers, learn about the production techniques and taste some excellent Tuscan olive oil.
- All the varieties of Pecorino cheese: Cacio pecorino, Cacio briaco, Abbucciato Aretino, etc…
- Prosciutto toscano and salame
- Pici, a traditional home-made pasta from the Etruscan times, served with tomato sauce or wild boar ragù, simple and delicious
- Ribollita, a famous Tuscan bread soup
- Tortelli and Linguine allo scoglio
and much much more….
Extra activities in the same area:
- Walking tours in the nature
- Archeology tours following the trails of the Etruscans and the Romans
- Bird watching
- Organic country-house with swimming pool in Arezzo countryside
- Country house in Vinci, near Firenze
Contact us to personalize your food & wine experience in Tuscany and create a tailor-made tour.