“Morbegno in cantina”, is a main yearly event for wine lovers in Italy. This year it got to its 23th edition, over 20 years of great success.
The location: Morbegno is a small village in Valtellina, a beautiful valley set between the Orobie Alps and the Rhaetian Alps, just 2 hours driving from Milan. This is a main area for wine production in Italy, where the vines grow clinging to the sides of the mountains, producing great red wines since ancient times. The village of Morbegno itself is one of the most fascinating villages in the area, an enchanting alpine town with unaltered genuine culinary tradition, folklore, architecture and artistic expressions.
The event: Morbegno in cantina gathers wine producers of Valtellina in different locations of the historical town center, in noble residences and ancient cellars. At the beginning of the tour, you will be given a wine glass and a glass-holder. Along the day, you will visit different cellars or historical sites, in each one you will get a taste of a prestigious wine, and a sommelier will explain the characteristics of this wine*. With the wine, you will also get a taste of a matching food product typical of Valtellina. This event will lead you to discover the typical flavors of Valtellina and will bring you back in time, when entering the historical cellars and walking in a maze of narrow streets without haste and a glass of wine in your hand.
A tour with a local: To get you to know this genuine area of Italy, and allow you to enjoy an amazing event of the Italian culture, we have planned this 5-day tour. It suits those who are interested in discovering traditional food and culture. Besides the wine festival, guided tours and activities are planned in the surrounding area, and on the beautiful and nearby Como lake, to make you get the most from your tour. Locations, activities and accommodations have been selected to give you high-quality and homey experiences. Along the whole tour, starting from Oslo airport, you will have an Italian guide with you, providing logistics, explanations, and translations.
* Although quite large, “Morbegno in cantina” is a local event and it takes place in Italian language, thus we will provide the interpreting service for the festival, as well as for the whole tour.
- Friday 5th October: Flight Oslo – Milano and transfer to Valtellina. Check-in in hotel and typical dinner
- Saturday 6th October: One day in Val Gerola, one of the most beautiful side valleys of Valtellina. Short hike 2-3 h. Typical lunch and visit to the Bitto cheese center, with guided tour in the seasoning cells and cheese tasting. Visit to an historical site
- Sunday 7th October: Morbegno in cantina wine festival. Wine tasting and visits to several historical sites in the alpin town of Morbegno
- Monday 8th October: Transfer to a small and typical village on Como lake and check-in at a hotel. Hop-on/hop-off boat tour on the lake and visits to relevant sites and one historical villa
- Tuesday 9th October: Transfer to the airport and flight back to OsloThe program is indicative, a precise program will be provided on request.
Participants: from 4 to 6 people
Estimated price: 8500 NOK/person for a group of 6 people. A precise offer will be provided on request when the group will be created.
The price includes:
- 4 nights accommodation in high standard and typical hotels with breakfast included
- private transfers for the group (from/to airport and local transfers to the planned activities)
- tour leader and guide along the whole tour from/to Oslo airport
- entry to “Morbegno in cantina” wine festival, with interpreting service provided by the tour leader
- hop-on/hop-off boat tour
- visit to Bitto cheese center with cheese tasting
- entry to one historical villa on Como lake
The price does not include: flights, lunches and dinners, everything that is not included in the list “the price includes”
Contact us for any question and booking!